I love WordPress for the ease of use and how quickly content can be created on uploaded. There are plenty of templates to make your site look great. But for maximum advantage of the site here are some of my favorite plug-in’s.
- WordPress SEO by Yoast – there is a little bit of setup but once it is installed it just runs. Be sure to optimize the settings from the first time.
- WordTwit – I’ve tried a bunch of Twitter posting plug-ins and some worked, some didn’t at all and most were hit or miss. This plug-in worked great from day 1 and has never let me down.
- WP-PageNavi – this seems to be the tried and true page navigation plugin to replace the back and next and number your pages. Easy to use with most themes a little coding is required.
- Contact Form 7 – I have used a few other contact form plugins but always end up removing them and going back to this one. Easy to use and works great.
- Micro Anywhere – not perfect but it works. Depending on the theme some of the information may not look very clean and puts in extra spaces.
- GD Star Rating – get your website visitors to rate anything – posts, businesses, images – this is a fantastic easy-to-use plugin.
I’m sure I will be updating this post and I use more plugins. Remember that plugins can send information to the author or other sources to do a little research and make sure that the plugin is recommended and has a lot of downloads.